The Mega Plush Statuettes & Busts

Hi guys,

SO the main reason I bought my Form1 was to make some collectables form my animated series the Mega Plush. After I have a few of them printed over at Shapeways, I have now made a few more on my form 1. Check them out… Also they are for sale over at http://www.heshereallweek.bigcartel.com/

The Bear and Tiger statuettes were made with shapeways, the busts were made on my form1. I then make rubber moulds and duplicate them using smooth-on urethane resins. Then paint using a mixture of spray paint and rub n buff, like the beast that i posted a while back.

6 Likes

wow amazing finishing touch!

Could you please teach us a little more about your technique to give that beautiful bronze effect?

Many thanks and keep up ypur great job.

Mattia

Maybe I can make a video of my process, that might be cool?

I would love to see any videos you make of your process. The models, the casting, the finishing-- it all looks really awesome. It’s a plastic model that looks like cast metal sculpture of soft fabric… it’s finishing inception and you totally nailed it. I think the green tarnish on the copper is my favorite.

Thanks Matt,

a video could be really great.

Many thanks,

Mattia

can you teach me how to paint it?

it look like so great!

Hi Matt,

When made with your mold product Smooth-On, you apply a product to safeguard against cure inhibition added during casting platinum silicone rubbers?

Chris

Hey Chris, No i just make the molds… I never even thought about cure inhibition, I’ve never had an issue.