Force Form 3 to start print without filling

I’ve seen this question asked once in a while but there weren’t clear answers.

I’m attempting to print just a handful of really low volume parts. My tank is more or less full but I have no more resin left in the cartridge.

Does anyone know if it’s possible to force start the print without the tank sensing a “full” level? I’ve been waiting for an hour for the machine to throw an error to see if there is an option to skip.

I’m not aware of one.

I suppose the way to trick the printer would be to affix something to the level-sensor, so that it’s permanently in the “full” position. The level sensor is the float that’s in the far left corner.

2 hours later and my machine finally threw an error and allowed me to hit “Continue” to force a print. So we’ll see how it goes!

Drives me nuts, too. We need a manual override that can be set at the start of a job.

1 Like

I have the same problem, empty cartridge, resin in the tank and instead show the “error message” after 5-10 minutes of “void refill”, in my last print the message doesn’t appear after 2 hours.

I have rebooted the printer, re calibrate im the tank and so on… but I can’t print. I know I have around 200 ml or more in the tank an I want to print a60 ml part . What can I do?

J

Sorry to bump such an old thread, but this was #1 in my google search results, so I figured I’d leave the override I found that works for future override seekers.

To force the Form 3 to think the tank is full, remove the float. The fill sensor is a Hall Effect sensor that checks for when the metal plate (on the back side of the float) has moved away from the sensor. In removing the float (and by extension the metal plate), the sensor will always report the tank as full.

I just removed the whole subassembly that the float is attached to on the left side of the tank to clean some dried resin off the crossbar that the float hits when full while the printer was trying to fill. It finished the filling process on the mixer’s next return, before I could get the float back in. Note that there will by fresh resin on this piece, so watch for drips.

1 Like

Typical rule of thumb i would say is always have a 2nd cart available.