Hello, I recently tried AnyCubic water washable resin on my Form 2 printer. I honestly didn’t think it would print, given that the heat and mixer bar are disabled when in Open Mode, and the fact I used an old resin tank, which I cleaned out with IPA. But it did print.
Question: has anyone else tried water washable resin on a Formlabs printer?
What I have found is that any real detail on the part tends to be soften. I tried the resin on two different parts. Both parts printed OK but I noticed that sharp corners where rounded. Also, there were wide dimensional discrepancies. For example, on one part the 3D CAD model has a feature that is 25mm wide. The printed part measures 26.14mm.
I’m not too bothered with parts not being accurate given that I’m looking to print objects that don’t require critical features. But I would like to know how I can correct this if I need to print engineering parts that have critical features.
Your comments appreciated.
Thanks!
Hello there,
Regarding your question, it sounds like an overexposure issue, since anycubic resin is designed for lower power LDP printers. You may try with different resin profiles in the slicer to see which gives a lower exposure.
What colour are you using by the way? I’m also trying to print third party resin on my Form 2. And I’m curious to know how big your successful print is. I tried to mix Phrozen resin into expired grey v4, but it could only print about 100 layers before pancakes start to form in the vat. If your result is good then I’ll buy the exact colour you’re using.
Thanks!!
And if I did get the water washable resin, I’ll try to mix it with my expired resin. I think that’d be another solution to the dimension issue, if you do have expired resin in hand. I’ll tell you my results once I buy it!