Ventilation concerns

I’ve been running a Form3 w/ Rigid 4K resin i my home office on and off for about the past 2 years. Everything I read was that it was safe to breath. I was running a print last night and happened to turn on the monitor I use for our summer smoke season and both HCH0 and TVOCs were quite high. I ran a strong air filter in the room for an hour or so and then, this morning, opened the room to the outside air. The levels dropped when I aired out the room and seemed good up until I started a print. I stepped out for some lunch and came back to high HCH0, and TVOC readings as well as an AQI reading of 175 (the outdoor AQI was between 4 and 8)

I’m not positive but it seems the exhaust from running these machines is less benign than I was lead to believe. I plan to start writing down the values I’m getting before, during and after my prints when I need to run it at times I can’t open windows. Does anyone have more information on this? Any ventilation solutions?

Thanks.

3D printers (not only resin ones) should be kept in a well ventilated (intake and exhaust) room. You can add some air purifier to the mix.

We’re all different and some levels that can be semi-benign to some can be dangerous to others.

In the long run it’s never good so better safe than sorry.

Reminds me when I started I couldn’t stand IPA’s vapor. Now I like it which either makes me an addict or someone who got used to it.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.