V4 Grey over cure

Anyone having trouble removing prints from the plate? I normally only use about 50% max of the build plate area when printing and prints pop off fairly easily, I’m doing some large runs of small parts at the moment, so about 80-90% build plate coverage and the supports are practically spot welded to the plate, I’m lucky I didn’t damage any when I was trying to remove them (a few did came away from the supports during the process).

I have read on the forum in the past where people put the build platform in the freezer for about a half hour and the parts pop right off. You could also try using a can of compressed air held upside-down to freeze the part to see if it helps.


Thanks so much for taking the time to post! Chris’ advice above me is pretty sound, and even if it doesn’t work, it won’t hurt anything on the part or the build platform.

Alternatively I’ve heard of some users having some luck with the opposite method, meaning they heat the base up a little bit with something like a hair-dryer.(Do not stick parts in an oven/microwave/toaster oven)

Beyond these weirder tips, I have some advice as well. The following may be something you’re doing already, but just in case you’re not, it can really help some folks remove difficult parts.

What we’re really trying to do is break the vacuum that can form under a base throughout printing. The best way to do this is to work your way around the entire base while sticking a small flat implement(I’ve had good luck with a sturdy butter knife) under the base at regular intervals and twisting, a little bit like the motion for shucking an oyster. If you can work even a small amount of air under the part, it can get significantly easier to remove.

I hope that’s helpful!

I use this plastic tool to remove the part from the build platform. I just wedge it under the part from one side and it is flexible enough so it gets there easy. The tool that came with printer scratches build plate and is thick and sometimes it breaks the supports. You can get it here https://www.ebay.com/itm/2Pcs-Car-Sticker-Remover-Scraper-Auto-Care-Cleaning-for-Auto-Window-Film-Plastic/263151391154?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649


Thanks for all of the input, some really useful tips, none of it really addresses the core issue of why the resin seems to overcure with multiple small prints. I shall persevere!

Yes, ever since I started using V4 Grey I have noticed that the prints are much harder to remove from the build plate. Some prints have even needed the scrapper and hammer method to be removed. I never experienced this with any V3 Grey and also never experienced things just falling off of the build plate before so not sure why the formulation or curing has been changed.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.