Uncured Resin Clear Coating Not Curing

Hey guys- I tried coating some devices with clear resin to get an optically transparent finish like the camera lens white paper. However I can’t get it to cure completely. I have baked it in the Form Cure for 30 minute increments for at least 120 mins total at 60 degrees C and the resin is still tacky. Is there a difference in the wavelength between the form cure and printer? I also suspect maybe having a thinner coating might be better? Please help me

https://share.icloud.com/photos/06CG43wqT3k7keZa1Y-kNht6A#Aliso_Viejo

Reference photos

I was able to harden the resin by leaving it outside in the sun for a few hours. It blows my mind how this would work, but not during several hours in a Form Cure, which I thought was more intense than the sun. Is the LED power in the Form Cure not that strong or something?

Hi @cmoore1991,

I’m glad that you were able to cure your part using the sun! That being said, your Form Cure machine should also be capable of curing your parts equally as effectively.

For best results using the Form Cure, make sure that the IPA you’re using to wash your prints before curing is relatively fresh. Old, resin-saturated IPA might lead to stickier parts!

However, if you’re still unable to cure parts with the Form Cure after changing the IPA, I’d recommend reaching out to our support team. They’ll be happy to investigate this issue more closely and get you back to curing! To accelerate the process, be sure to include your reference photos and the steps you’ve already taken. Thanks!