The Formlabs Fuse 1 and Sift are Shipping!

Formlabs is happy to announce that the Fuse 1 selective laser sintering (SLS) printer has begun shipping to customers, with over 60 pre-order and reservation printers already in the field and printing.

After concluding several months of rigorous beta testing with a host of innovative companies, our totally re-designed SLS 3D printer is ready to deliver industrial grade nylon parts, right on your workbench. Delivering production ready nylon at a low cost per part, a large build chamber to accommodate various project sizes, and the ability to print 24/7, no other SLS printer offers the quality and ease of use as the Fuse 1.

Formlabs has also begun to ship theFuse Sift, an all-in-one powder recovery station for the Fuse 1. The Fuse Sift was created to flawlessly integrate into your SLS workflow and deliver a seamless, simple post-processing setup.

SLS 3D printing has long been the domain of expensive, high-end industrial printers, often times putting them out of reach for most business and product designers. Our goal with the Fuse 1 is to deliver the industrial power of SLS into your workshop with an affordable, compact system for production-ready nylon parts.

For more information, please check out the complete launch blog post here!

If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to drop them here, and we’ll do our best to get those answered as efficiently as we can!

3 Likes

Thanks for the news Dan!

Can you describe the various package tiers in more detail.

Fuse 1 Workflow Essentials Package
Fuse 1 High Efficiency Package
Fuse 1 Maximum Throughput Package

The order page doesn’t really give much detail on how these are different.

Hey @b_sullivan!

Great question! We’ve actually gotten some feedback from multiple places today that the page is a little unclear, so I’ll be posting a simpler breakdown here in the next couple hours as soon as someone from the Fuse team has a moment to take a break.

Hey all! Just wanted to post some clear language breakdowns of the packages, but also to mention that if you’re not entirely sure which option is right for you, please reach out to our sales team and they’d be happy to talk you through the options. The packages are not necessarily set in stone, just good starting points to decide what you need.

Fuse 1: Workflow Essentials Package

This package includes everything required to start printing with the Fuse 1 3D printer and the Fuse Sift powder recovery station. For those less concerned about maximizing output and more focused on basic printing and prototyping needs with an intuitive, cyclical workflow, this package should have you covered.

1x Fuse 1 Printer Package (incl. Fuse 1 Printer + Build Chamber)
1x Fuse Printer Stand
1x Fuse Sift
1x Powder Cartridge
3x Nylon 12 Powder
Suggested Service: Premium Service Plan, 2 Years (not included)

Fuse 1: High Efficiency Package

Our recommended setup for an efficient, optimized workflow between the Fuse 1 3D printer and the Fuse Sift powder recovery station. One additional modular build chamber and two additional powder cartridges enable nonstop printing on a single printer.

1x Fuse 1 Printer Package (incl. Fuse 1 Printer + Build Chamber)
1x Additional Build Chamber
1x Fuse Printer Stand
1x Fuse Sift
2x Powder Cartridge
4x Nylon 12 Powder

Fuse 1: Maximum Throughput Package

Maximize your throughput with this production-ready setup using the Fuse 1 3D printer, Fuse Sift powder recovery station, and additional accessories. This package is designed to maximize your in-house production, with two Fuse 1 printers, two Fuse Sift powder recovery stations, and additional build chambers and powder cartridges for the highest throughput from all of your hardware.

2x Fuse 1 Printer Package (incl. Fuse 1 Printer + Build Chamber)
2x Additional Build Chamber
2x Fuse Printer Stand
2x Fuse Sift
4x Powder Cartridge
10x Nylon 12

1 Like

So from 9999 to 18499?

If we ask for a refund for the deposit, will the deposit have the same increase ratio?

Lol exactly, I thought I was the only one who noticed this craziness.

Lol glad I pulled my 1k years ago.

More importantly to those that still want it, will FormLabs make good on the original pricing. Here is the original deal back in 2017:

If you haven’t pulled your 1K deposit, can you still get the Fuse and build chamber for $10K

This is literally off too far.

I hate this pre-sale and I won’t do any of this kind of purchasing in the future.

Waste your time and money. Most importantly, you feel you get played by the company.

Hey All,

Appreciate the feedback, and absolutely understand the feelings.

To be 100% clear, if you had a reservation with us at the original 10K price, we will honor that price.

We’ve developed an SLS printer that delivers the print quality and reliability of industrial SLS systems, at a fraction of the price point. Since our original announcement, we’ve made many changes to core systems in the Fuse 1 to be able to deliver this. As a result, we’ve increased the machine’s price point accordingly, which still makes it the most affordable SLS printer delivering truly industrial quality on the market, by a wide margin.

3 Likes

I just sent the email to ask for a refund yesterday and now you come out this term…

That’s great, I hope customers were informed of this before they pulled their deposits.

Maybe if Formlabs allows the customers that pre-ordered early to sell their pre-order to someone that’s currently interested in the Fuse 1, that would help out all parties involved.

I am trying to reach the sales to see if this is legit.

Can I ask where you’re located? I’d be happy to help you get in touch with our sales team depending on where in the world you are.

Hi,

I am talking with the sales rep and waiting for the new quote.

I locate in NYC.

so no such thing.

Only a $6500 discount.

Nope.

So 6500 off of the 18,000? So it ends up being 1500 more than what deposits were put down for 3 years ago?

no. Whatever you picked up in the cart. Then deduct 6500.

It doesn’t make sense to just buy the 18000 packages only. You will need the station too. Otherwise, how do you recycle the material?

Couldn’t tell you how you would recycle the material. My thoughts are just like the form wash and cure formlabs offers an easy to use solution at a high price but you can do more work to get the same outcome for less money.

But thanks for the update glad I didn’t wait and just made my original move once they missed the first deadline

In order to achieve the 30% refresh rate of used nylon. I guess we will need to buy the clean station.

But anyway, I will wait to see people’s feedback and see what’s next.