Still curved, non usable results

Wow… this is going to be a difficult print! Still, this file might give you an idea how to get it to print just within the boundries of the volume.

The only way you can achieve this is by manually adding points and start adding them from the inside out on the overhang. Do not add supports to the bottom part yet! Keep adding them to the overhang and side and apply the supports. You’ll notice that the model will end up floating just above the build platform. Now go back to ‘edit supports’ and add supports to the bottom of the model where needed. You’ll notice that these supports will stay tiny and won’t push the model upwards (out of the build volume). I put all the advanced support settings to the lowest possible (base thickness, height above base, slope multiplier)

Here’s the file:
LCD_GLAS_BONDED_7_INCH_LINKS_EDITED.form (762.8 KB)

NOTE: my file is an example and I have not yet checked if it is actually prrintable with the supports generated like this. I just wanted to give you an idea how to try and print it. You’ll have to manually add your supports by yourself for it to print probably, as I haven’t gone through all the layers.

I have no idea if this will work, but as far as I can tell, it’s your only shot! Or maybe, this will spark your imagination and you’ll find another solution ;). And yes, this goes against all the rules of SLA printing :blush:

Good luck and keep us posted!