Resin overflow after or during failed print

I had a failed print (nonadherence) and evidently during part of the wiping process, a significant amount of resin overflowed the tank edges into the base of the printer…why isnt there a failsafe for this scenario? it seems to be terribly designed and prone to huge problems when and if the tank overeflows…

also, how much resin in tank is “too much”? I can obviously see the recommended fill level lines…

I think this type of machine should be designed in such a way that resin spills are impossible to occur no matter what happens. As it is now resin spills will occur at certain percentage, Its inherit in the F2 machine design. I thought about this briefly and came up with one idea to solve this problem that might be viable, but I am sure there are some solutions to achieve this, if it could fit in to a desired production cost price point . Other than cost savings, why design where one predictable occurring condition, that may be user induced, causes other problems or even catastrophic failure. Why not eliminate the whole possibility of resin spilling in the first place.

1 Like

A clip on clear plastic shield that sat on the top edges of the resin tray and the inside wall went down slightly into the tray would make all the difference. Only would bee to be an inch high or so. I had the same thing happen when a piece of the part stuck to the bottom of the tray and the wiper caught, kept pulling and when it let go it sprayed resin all over. The orange case broke from the heat of the resin and needed to be replaced… It’s a lot of work cleaning the resin out of the insides of the Form 2.

1 Like

I suppose there is a reason its only $3500…

OR, just higher resin tank walls…

The price would go up for the tanks I imagine and that way you’d be paying every time you bought one. A slip in shell that could be used over and over again would be less expensive.

I wonder what material (gel) one could make a “liner” from? This idea could have legs…

That gel is special material and must be poured exactly to the proper thickness, etc. There are a few fellas on here who have redone their resin trays. Keep asking and one will pop-up I’m sure.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.