Pressing non castable resin

Good day!

We are Pro-dent Dental Laboratory from Dubai. Just a question regarding the difference between castable and non castable material. As we pressed veneer, printed of not castable material and it works. Why should we pay more for the castable material than? )

Castable resin is designed to “burn out” cleanly so no residue will be left to ruin the surface of the casting. Other resin types also burn out, but not as cleanly. SO depending on your needs if you use non-castable resin the casting may be useable or may be no good.

Thank for your advise.
As I am a new customers for the printing I have few more question.
We printed the veneers with castable and non castable materials and the fit is not good.
On the design I removed the drill compensation that I am usually using for wax milling and kept same cement gap as for milling. (10 micron) but both versions doesn’t fit on the model.
Can you suggest what should be the settings for the cement gap?

I use the form2 in my lab daily mostly for Framework.

I have to space it 0.05mm from the model for proper fitting.

Depending on the scanner and system you use you will have to experiment.

I use dental wings, for crowns i have 0.06 horizontal cement and 0.12 vertical.

Hope it helps.

David

Thank you. I will try to increase the cement gap

But still I don’t understand why the little cement gap works for milling but for printing I have to increase it?
I was thinking it will be all the way around and with printing I can put less cement gap and ovoid bulky veneers

Ihave a milling machine also. They are much more precise than the form2, at least for dental industry.

I have notice than precision or better said expansion of a crown or Framework varies from on resin to the other.
I have produced the same Framework with grey, clear and castable, then contol the weight of each one, they where all different (castable being the worst).