PLA Resin

Well that stinks. I guess I should be happy I didn’t order any.

I haven’t received my sample yet. What resin profile(s) did you use? How over-cured is it? Can you show pics?

The sample I have is clear and I tried the clear 02 setting first. When Clear02 failed I went to clear01 and the print was better but still overexposed. I was printing at 100 microns.

The real problem was the overcured resin sticking to the PDMS layer and breaking out part of the model. That and the part getting warm during print. I printed a Yoda for instance and it had really good detail in the areas that did print. But, there were stress cracks in the part and a big chunk on top of his head tore off during the print. The supports were so overcured that they were oversized and hit the part in a few places.

I would like to try a couple of prints in Open FL but don’t have the time at the moment.

In a perfect world they would make a formlabs specific resin that wasn’t so reactive.

I am going to try different mixtures. Since PLA burns out quite cleanly (from my FDM printer at least) I was thinking of mixing some with Makerjuice Waxcast. It seems like the wax cast is a bit under cured, so having a more reactive resin mixed might balance that out. Also, the wax cast is quite soft and PLA is fairly rigid, so I am thinking it could really help with dimensional accuracy too.

Message me if you might want to sell your bottle.