I use Formlab 2 for ortho every day
it fits perfectly
Nice job…
Just got my formlab2 and print an test crown for fitting and surface, tomorrow planning same case for casting (pressing in e-max) , any experience on this subject!!??
Interested in your results, let us knowand pics if possible.
I am planning to buy ministar for same application. Is ministar suitable for it or would you suggest some other thermoformer?
I tried some full crowns and coping. not fit. the rpd result is good.
I am fairly new FormLabs 2 printing. I own a Orthodontic Lab on Long Island. We evaluated many printers on the market and decided to go with the FormLabs 2. So far it has been a great choice. We have printed models and have fabricated many different appliances which include Hawley, Essix and Clear Fusion Retainers. We have also soldered on these models to fabricate RPEs, Linguals and Quad Helixs. We have been using the V3 Gray Resin for all appliance. We never use supports. We believe it is a waste of time and material.
So far we have had great success using our FormLabs 2 and we are having a lot of fun doing so…
If you think I can help, feel free to contact me.
Joe Tortorici
Hi,
How do u manage to print the models successfully without supports?
We are printing dental arches/models. No need for supports.
Is it possible ! Print without support !
I think it’s not possible.
Thank you for posting. The main reason for supports is to angle the print to take advantage of the higher z resolution, but with the improvements in the F2, I am not sure how much that matters now. Especially with the time savings also factored in.
Another reason to add supports is to reduce the strain on the tank EPDM when printing thick, dense models, but I assume you are hollowing your models. Do your tanks hold up to the recommended 2 liter resin per 1 tank guide?
Could you help?: I have 3Shape Ortho for making aligners, and have been happy (unless print problems to debug) with my F1+ and F2, except that I never got around to figuring out how to easily add a base and hollow out the models after creating the steps of .stl files. Which ortho program do you use? Workflow?
Thank you
How are you able to separate the acrylic in hawley from the printed models?
How does it come that your crowns dont fit?
Im owning my F2 since a couple of days and tried to print a model and crowns with GreyV2 first. I tried it on the existing gips model and zirconia crowns. It fits perfectly the one way and another also!
What are you printing on your F1 and F2 except of models and maybe surgical guides?
Greetings from Germany
Alex
Hayne’s Lubrifilm for foodservices. I also use it to keep ALF-aligner/Overligner layers separated. I use electrosoldering (Dockstader) for the wire appliances to avoid toxic fumes.
We are using two coats of the same Masel Separator that we use on our regular plaster / stone models. We paint the whole model. Then we use a very thin coat of canola oil (Pam) which we also brush on only on the areas of the model that make contact with the acrylic. We then wax on the wire and cure acrylic.
Hope this helps.
Joe Tortorici
www.ClearFusionOrtho.com
How are you able to solder? Doesn’t it distort the model? Have you used the green resin?
I am currently using a much thinner and more-effective film release from the mould-making industry. The problem is that a patent troll is going after anyone that is using a standard mould release for dental purposes (specifically to release acrylic from 3D printed resin). Fortunately, I am using it to separate layers of Essix materials in a very specific process, but hopefully soon, someone will have the connections to firmly coax that troll-er to look for legitimate work.