Melting or burning

I need to print (with gray resin), an special part that once is in place, with some special assembly, it has to dissapear…Can it be disolved with acetone or burn, but if I burn it, …Will it leave residues??? and what is the temperature I can burn gray resin and make it dissapear???

I will appreciate your help

Regards

This might be a tricky with Grey Resin but users on the forums have successfully casted parts with Clear Resin and you might find a few threads with their temperature settings. Typically, if you’re going for a clean burnout, Castable Resin is used. Resins do tend to burn rather than melt and they are resistant to most solvents. Here’s a link to our solvent compatibility datasheet for Clear Resin (similar to grey) with solvent compatibility listed.

1 Like

Is not for a casting issue…It is an special part to be used inside an electrical furnace, the printed part will be wired and once the wire is in place the plastic must dissapear…So the question is …What is the best way to dissapear the printed part…dissolved or burned???

Regards

In investment casting, it’s necessary to fully and cleanly burn out the investment which is why I think our casting resources might be helpful for you. Using Castable Resin and our burnout process would cleanly remove the material. Our materials are fairly chemical resistant because of densely cross-linked polymer chains so I do think burning will be the way to go. You’ll want to ensure that all of the other materials in your assembly are capable of withstanding the requisite burnout temperatures.

1 Like

I understand, thank you for your help

Regards

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.