Lines at printsurface

Hello,

I have the following problem. At some parts are lines. See attached pictures. What is the problem?

Thank you for our help.

If this is an assembly try to “dip” those two parts in the big part a bit (say 0.01mm). I got similar problems before and that solved it. Preform 3.x seems to have solved that problem and if you are not using the latest version upgrade it first before changing your model.

B.

I have to say that those look like the issue discussed in this thread. Any chance the back of those “bosses” are coplanar with the side of the beam?

Also, which version of PreForm are you using?

1 Like

Boris is exactly right about the culprit here. You have a “zero thickness gap” between the two parts. Any more intersection than 0 should fix the problem right up. :slight_smile:

Hello,

Thank you for the quick help.

I installed the latest version of PreForm and installed the latest firmware on the printer. Now there is a new error, in parts where I had no problems with the “old” software from 2018. :tired_face: So much for PreForm has no “suction cups” recognized here. More to see on the attached pictures. What could be the problem?
I have already run 2 test runs with changed files, without success. The old preform is no longer running with the current firmware of the printer. Will I get back the old firmware of the printer if necessary? :thinking:

Thank you for our help. :smiley:

Those artifacts look like your STL is the culprit, with extra faces protruding from the surface. Which software are you modeling with?

I work with sketchup. However, the problem is that the parts were printed without error before the software update. So it may be that then the new Formlabs software no longer corresponds with my design software. Then there is only the step for me to resort to the older Formlabs software.

Sketchup is known to be very bad at exporting proper STL files. While PreForm can try to guess what the model should have looked like (this is the “repair model” step), this is not a very good solution, as at any time, there can be an error that can’t be automatically corrected.

This is not a question of software compatibility, but of the modeling software exporting correct files. With incorrect files, you’re gonna have problems with any Slicer. PreForm is even quite forgiving because they have incorporated NetFabb code to correct some STL errors.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.