Is this forum going the same way as Makerbots?

Wow I wish my printer would be that level. Out of all 5 I have had now, all of them but one where worse than 0.5mm difference, and the one that wasn’t was the one with the bad laser flare. :frowning: On this last one they told me they make sure that all of the printers are parallel, and they made a special effort to make mine parallel in particular and after a couple tries they gave up and said they couldn’t do any better than 0.55mm and just sent it back. :frowning: I’m so sick of this whole thing. :frowning:

That sucks @RocusHalbasch! Where is the origin of the difference? Can a new build platform improve or decrease the difference?

i ended up with minimal difference when setting the build platform at 0…5mm higher.

I haven’t checked that. I actually haven’t even opened it up yet as I was trying to get them to tAke it back and make it right but they refused. All I know is that when the squares are printed their thicknesses vary by half a millimeter. This in my experience usually means the tray housing itself is not perpendicular to the z-axis which causes the entire print to be skewed. I plan on doing a full write up of how all of that works and how to test for it, including illustrations.

Rocus, I purchased my 1+ second-hand and had an unsuccessful print which didn’t stick to the build platform. I was concerned about the base/tray height until I tried your platform test. Take a look at how poorly mine did:




Needless to say, I’m concerned… and don’t even know where to start!

Amit_oberoi,
Have you tried the X-Y tuning?

@Amit_Oberoi
Looks like your galvos are twisted in their sockets or the potentiometers on the galvo controller board are not right somehow. This is usually a matter for Formlabs support if it is still under warranty, as attempting to fix this yourself would void your warranty. So if you haven’t opened a ticket so so right away.

@Cheuk_Ming_Wong
X-Y tuning will not help. Those settings only do scale.

yikes. thanks man, im going to find out