I will buy your used grey cartridges (UK Only)

If there are any UK form2 owners who only use formlabs resin then I would be interested in buying your empty grey resin cartridges, on condition that they have only been used with the original 1 litre of resin.Anyone who is interested, please message me. Thanks.

1 Like

We know there’s an interest and sometimes a need to use alternatives to Formlabs resins, which is why we offer Open Mode. We must discourage against re-using old cartridges, not as a means of encouraging more resin purchases, but because this risks significant damage to the Form 2. The valves on cartridges wear over time, and refilling used cartridges can cause them to fail entirely.
On one of my first prints, I wasn’t aware of this and refilled a cartridge so that I could print a giant squid. The squid ended up in the tank (somewhat ironically) and the contents of the tank ended up inside of the printer shell. The repair team wasn’t terribly pleased with me, as a printer filled with resin is very difficult to transport and requires several not-so-enjoyable hours scooping out resin with a syringe before beginning repairs. We must recommend printing in Open Mode if you have bottled resin, otherwise it’s your safest bet to purchase new cartridges.

Never had an issue yet, of course that’s the risk I run. If formlabs resin wasn’t so expensive I’d happily stay with it.

Frew,
It would be great if you could make cartridges that have replaceable valves, but in the meantime, would you please tell us why Formlabs don’t sell empty resin cartridges? There is obviously a demand for them.

1 Like

I’ve a couple spare Jason. Get in touch.

Well then, I guess that no one is interested in Formlabs selling empty cartridges after all. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

well I would be - I just can’t see them doing it

Hillzzz, that is self-fulfilling prophecy.

It is too late now, but If we had garnered the support of like-minded villagers, and gathered by the castle with torches and pitchforks, the odds would have favoured our cause.

They can’t hear the people sing, if no-one joins the chorus.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.