Horrible Prints! Don't know what to do!

Sorry if you have explained this already…

Have you tried tilting them more when printing to decrease the area at each layer?

I cleaned the mirrors and tried the calibration file. The parts printed successfully. Probably because they are short. However, I noticed that as it printed the surface finish degraded. If this file had taller parts, it would have continued until it failed. Could this still be a result of a dirty mirror?

Bad layer exposure is causing the soft and rounded prints. You said you cleaned the main mirror but also check the clarity of the tank as well as the galvos. A laser spot test should show if the beam is being diffused. A flare is common on the Form1+. I have a flare on mine but am able to get great prints as long as everything else is crystal clear.

Strain out your resin and empty the tanks, you can use your scraper to squeegee out resin from the pdms to examine the clarity of it all.

If your using a 3rd party resin and they specify using gray 1 setting you might have better results using the black setting.

I personally have changed to the Formlabs Clear 02 resin and love it, far less work and prints are incredibly sharp since there are no pigments that settle. I also found the clear resin to be much stronger than the black or gray.

1 Like