Help, Will this work?

Hello ! I have to make the piece that I attached in a photo. It is a rectangle of 10x10 cm with small slots. In the photo are the measures of the slips, which are specified in microns. They are basically longitudinal slots of 25, 50 and 75 microns.

Is it possible to achieve the slots in the FORM 2? Any idea of ​​how to orient piece?

The laserspotsice of the Form 2 is 140µm. My answer to our customers in such cases is, that we can try it but I won’t give a warranty for it. Usually everything that’s bigger than two to three times the laserspotsize will come out pretty decent.

But why don’t you try just a litte testpiece? Just cut it horizontally through all your lines and print this 100x10x4mm big piece in 25µm resolution. Maybe you can get a lucky shot on all 3 sizes or even see at which size it makes sense.

Happy Printing
Tim

PS: a 100x100x4mm plate will come out pretty much warped if you don’t print it with rigid (which is in my eyes the best “non-warping-material”)

Hi tim, thanks for your time !
The laser spot is 140µm ? Thats bigger than the smaller layer heigh of formlabs, 25µm. Is this ok?

upppppppppPreformatted text

No Problem :wink:

Yes - but you have to differentiate between the layerhigh and the spotsize of the laser.

The layerhigh is adjusted by an stepper motor, which is capable of rising the buildplate 25µm up each layer.

The laserspot self is fixed onto 140µm in its diameter (Form 2 -> Form 3 only 85µm). So even if you print with 25µm, your accuarcy in X and Y direction ist still the same like 100µm layerhigh. Only the accuracy in Z is affected by this setting.

Nevertheless -> you will often place a part slightly rotated, so you get this advantage of the thinner layerhigh.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.