Have Grey V3 in tank and new Grey 4 How to clear the abort message for printing

Good Morning,
I started a thread a couple of weeks ago about Grey 3 and Grey 4 mixing, it appears that its okay, however when I am sending a print job to the printer, I get the abort message and can’t clear it to print, how do I clear it to print? There appears to be no way to do that, at least I don’t know.

Thanks,
Les

Change the resin version to V4 in Preform

John,
I started Preform, selected V4, opened and existing preform file (is this where I went wrong?) and sent it to the printer, the printer then after I respond to the first print prompt comes up with the abort screen on the printer.

Can I change the value (v3 to v4) in and existing preform saved file? or do I have to start new?

Thanks,
Les

John,
I may have found the way to change from V3 to V4 in an existing preform file, I double clicked on the print settings and it came up for selection of resin type. I will try this.

Les

That’s the way to go. Although on Windows at least a single click is enough. Keep in mind that opening a .form file changes the resin type to what was last used when working on this file, so if you often print old .form files don’t forget to check the print settings.

John,
yeah I had that thought while driving out to mothers day dinner, that opening and existing preform saved file, brings with it the existing preferences. How to change was the next question, and from the picture you can see that I was able to change it, while I got the same warnings. I did send this file to the printer, got a different warning message about the V3 resin in the tray, suggesting abort or continue, hesitated and selected continue, the next message said that doing so would change the print tray resin from V3 to V4 and asked to continue or abort…i selected continue, and now we are a couple of minutes into a 5 hour print.

Hope this works, will update when the print comes out.

Les

It will work fine don’t you worry :wink: The tank will now be registered as being filled with V4 and you will not get the notification again.

John,
Thanks again for all your help, I think you are right, I saw that message, my logic says we are good.

Les

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.