Formlabs Comes to You - Week 4!

Week 3 is just about done and we’ve almost made it to the weekend! And what a busy week it was!

On Tuesday we had an awesome stream on our Twitch channel featuring Cassie Lowell, costumer designer and Formlabs engineer who talked about her experiences with Fusion 360. The archived video can be found there temporarily until we move it to Youtube.

On Thursday, Formlabs Ambassador Phil Tsao and I had a great discussion about Formlabs Engineering resins and how he approaches choosing one in his work as a small-scale product designer. If you weren’t able to make it, that’s ok! You can find a recording here.

Coming up next week!

On Friday, April 17th at 12pm EST, join jewelry designer and Formlabs business development representative Lizz Hill (@lizz_hill_wiker) for an overview of Autodesk Tinkercad. Lizz will walk through Tinkercad’s beginner-friendly interface and run a live modeling demonstration. She will also demonstrate the workflow from model to 3D print with examples of her own work. You can join us for that livestream here. Please come and bring any questions you have!

On Thursday, April 16th at 12pm EST we’ll be holding our next Office Hours session. Meet Formlabs Ambassador Christina Perla and learn how her NYC based service bureau Makelab keeps 20 printers running efficiently. She’ll also discuss how her business is helping to produce face shields for hospitals in need of PPE. You can register for that event here.

Lastly, I just want to highlight the Formlabs Community Part Library. This is a collection of Covid-19 related(but non-medical) devices that most members of our awesome community will be able to print at home. I encourage everyone to explore the page! More parts will be added over the coming weeks.

Thank you so much again for your enthusiasm and interest in helping the world in whatever little way we can right now, and hopefully we can give all of you some tools to help your local communities.

Have a terrific weekend and stay safe and happy out there. :slight_smile:

-Dan

1 Like