Formlab first generation printer having trouble

I need help. im still learning how to use this printer i purchase it to another person which he said its working fine,

now im having issues. printer isnt printing well, it always came off from the platform it doesnt stick,

i cant remove the resin tank? to clean the mirror.
i dont know where to start cleaning the mirrror,

im trying to set up how to print with correct settings which i only use a automatic base support icon and it will give me a base support for my model

do i need to refill the tank during printing?

i tried eveything im using formlab resin but still printing is failed

i need help please

thanks

Before you clean the mirrors check them for dust first. There are instructions on the FL site for inspection and how to clean them if necessary. There is a chance the PDMS layer in the tank might be just old and fogged and needs to be replaced.

Usually if it did print then doesn’t print or stick to the build platform it typical of degraded exposure from the laser where mirrors, galvos, tank bottom and/or pdms in tank are dirty.

The tanks are considered consumables and at best can typically do 2 liters. I use one tank per liter since many of my parts are small and have small details. Larger prints and bigger build layers are a little more forgiving.

If the tank needs replacing then you need to find a 3rd party tank such as the ones on Zvat Industries which are reusable system or if your looking at the disposable there are some on AliExpress. I just received mine from the slow boat from China and waiting for my resin to come in from Applylab works to test.

If you need parts you may want to open a ticket with FL and see if they are willing or able to service the machine. They may or may not have the parts necessary to fix the unit.

CLEAN the Build Plate. They build up a resin coating over time from use. Wash real good with a paper towel and IPA. Scrub the surface. I also, about every third use, sand the build plate using a very fine sand sponge, fairly stiff, with IPA. Wipe real good and repeat at least once. Use small circular motions all over the entire surface. This makes a heap of difference.

I cannot remove the tank…I cant slide it…

FL supports said they discontinue already the printer so they dont do repairs anymore .

So if I’m printing a dental model while printing I should refill and refill while on process of printing right,?
And for the settings building a platform I dont know what are my mistakes because I’m the model itself not printing only the supports…is the ink to low when it’s about to print the model?

I’m new here and still learning how to operate this apologize about keep asking questions

Thanks for all reply

The first thing you have to do is make sure you can remove the tank. As it is a consumable if you can’t replace it your printer will be useless after you print about 2 cartridges of resin. It’s no use working on anything else as long as you can’t remove the tank IMHO.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.