Would any one know what error code “Skipping may result in a print failure (1.9.20)” is for the Form 4? I was printing in Silicone this afternoon and got these messages… I can’t seem to find anything online related.


Would any one know what error code “Skipping may result in a print failure (1.9.20)” is for the Form 4? I was printing in Silicone this afternoon and got these messages… I can’t seem to find anything online related.


Hi @jholesha
Error 1.9.20 comes up when the printer warned you that the resin in your cartridge might not be enough to finish this print and the warning was skipped.
The “skipping might result in print failure” means that if the cartridge does run empty and doesn’t get replaced, the print might fail due to this.
Kind regards
Jakob
Thank you for the Jakob! That is interesting as this was the first time printing in the Silicone 40A material and it was a brand new resin cartridge? I had watched the initial steps of the process, where the printer empties some of the material from the cartridge to the tank and eventually stopped pouring resin before walking away.
Anyways, thank you very much for your response!
Hey! I think there’s been a confusion, sorry. This error means the printer failed to fill the tank during the preparation phase. Please make sure to open the cartridge vent cap. If that was already done, please inspect the bite valve and contact Support or your authorized reseller should you find any problem.
The printer screen shows some more context about as it says “Filling tank”, but unfortunately this title is not visible on Dashboard, so I understand your confusion. We will take this into consideration for future releases, thanks for reporting it and happy printing!
Thanks for getting back to me! That is interesting that it means it failed to fill the tank, because it did fill it? And the print was successful. I watched the resin drain from the cartridge into the tank then stop when it was mostly filled before dunking the build platform into the resin/resin tank. The bite valve looked to be okay and the resin was shook prior to use.
Anyways, it was a successful print and I have started another one today without issue, so hopefully it wasn’t anything and miss read the resin level being dispensed.
I’m glad to hear it succeeded! This error will come up if the resin doesn’t reach the desired level in time. I was suspecting the vent cap (the one on the top) was closed, slowing down the dispensing, but as it was your first print, I guess the tank was empty so it just took a bit longer this time.