Form 2 LIfespan

Now that you have this closed out (hopefully), do you mind briefly summarizing your lifespan experience? Print time (and calendar time) to failure, what the failure was, time and cost to replace. Thanks.

OK, it’s all up above, but here’s the summary:

2786 hours, 362 prints, 14 months of operation.

Random “cartridge removed” and “cartridge inserted” messages started appearing resulting in a brief pause while the system sensed the resin. This would create a line in the print as the resin drained non-uniformly off of the print. After a month or so the machine would pause entirely as it would not recover from “cartridge removed”. Lifting/resetting the cartridge cleared the issue. I cleaned the contacts at least a dozen times with no effect.

I contacted Form Labs 60 days ago. Their recommendation was a DIY repair of the cartridge deck at a cost of ~$70. I replaced the part without issue, but also without clearing the fault.

~45 days ago I received an RMA and Form Labs sent out a shipping carton. They somehow had a problem with the shipping carton logistics that cost a few days. They wouldn’t begin the RMA process until I pre-paid the $800 fee.

Only after Form Labs received/inspected my unit did they ship out a refurbished unit to replace it.

At or around day 60 I received the refurbished unit, and now I’m stuck with “ColorfulBush” until it fails to be exchanged with another. It came with a 90 day warranty, and there is no evidence of use against the unit that I can find. The firmware needed update, but otherwise the unit was ready for use right out of the box. The refurb has completed a couple of paid prints in clear without issue, and I believe the issue is resolved.

Only 90 days? That’s not much… I would expect more, like 6 months at very least! Here in Europe we have 2 years for a new equipment. Maybe those 90 days can be a bit more too.
Seems that they know what they are doing -.-’

I’m not sure if the Form 2 has such a log, but on the Form 1/1+ we could read the “odometer” log and tell how many hours of laser time, peel motor, etc.

If you have access to the odometer log, you might want to check it to see what kind of mileage was on the printer. That is assuming they didn’t clear it before sending out.

Thanks for the info glad it’s working appropriately now