- It takes some time to fill a tank, and it (sometimes significantly) affects the print time.
- The printer often has a fair amount of idle time between jobs.
- The Prime feature is nice because you can just get it ready, go do your prep work in PreForm and boom, print.
It seems to make a lot of sense to have Prime run a fill cycle and fill the tank. That way:
- It can often reduce or eliminate tank fill wait times when starting prints, because…
- … the printer can fill during idle time instead of when you want it to be printing.
- The Prime feature becomes even nicer because the print start is even more instant.
I’d really like to see this happen.
Personally I’d always want this to happen, but if it turns out it doesn’t work for everybody then I think it should be either a system option, or a “Do you want to fill the tank?” question can pop up when you press “Prime”.