Feature request: Abort or Pause Print on Dashboard or Preform

Hi

Please give us the option to remotely Abort or pause a print.

I was just checking on a print I quickly started before leaving work to print over night on the Dashboard.
In the preview image I noticed that instead of opening the preform file I imported it. so I had 2 parts sticking in each other. So that meant the print would just be waste. checking how much material would be used I saw that it would be over 100eur worth of resin wasted on a failed print before I would have been back to the office in the morning.

luckily I am living close to the office. so I drove there to cancel the print since there is no option to abort or pause a print remotely :frowning:

1 Like

Go home with a primed printer and take your time to start it remotely. :wink:

Which model are you using ?

Hope little bit useful

it was a print on our form 2

afaik the form 2 can not be primed

Remote abort would also be handy for people who set up a camera to watch their print. In the meantime…

Close your eyes, make a wish :stars:, log into Dashboard and go here.

Hey there @dergel!

Thanks so much for the feature request! I’ve passed this along to the software team so it’s at least on their radar as they look ahead to adding additional features to Dashboard!

As usual we really appreciate folks reaching out to let us know what would make their job a little easier, so please keep them coming!

Hi Formlabs Team,

Did something happened with this update? I would really like to be able to pause the printer remotely and can’t find the option anywhere

Hi @verorodz,

Thank you for flagging this for us! While I don’t believe we have implemented this feature yet, I have gone ahead and passed along this feedback once more to our Software team. I agree that this would be a highly convenient option, and I appreciate your patience with this in the meantime.

Have you heard how the abort from dash board option is coming alone

Really really love to see that

Let’s just say Engineer x stays up 48 hours creating a model and get it done Friday evening. He goes over every Detail buutttt he missed the fact the holes in the part he created were 6mm instead of 5mm.

The moment he is done he sends it off to the printer and leaves the office.
Which is then locked behind him due to the fact he is the last one to leave for the weekend

Now he gets on the plane to go inspect the rest of the components that will be used on the project later that week

Mid flight, fear and panic hit as his brain does it’s 20th alliteration over the events of the day.

Doing a quick google search finding there is no abort in dashboard.

Coming to grips with the fact there is 400 dollars in prints resin going to be wasted.
He garb the nearest drink and settles in for a really rough Monday

Now not saying I am engineer x just saying
Monday is going to be rough :frowning:

1 Like

Hi @SewellMD,

Thanks for getting in touch about this. I’m sorry to hear about the mishap you encountered, and I hope your Monday went alright. I don’t have any further updates about this feature, but I will go ahead and submit another product feedback entry about print aborting via Dashboard.