Failed prints, sticking to res tank, blistering, etc

Hi Kenny; here’s a quick guide to set up prints I wrote some time ago which covers the basics. It’ll help you set up the print including the hinge side I’m talking about.

Concerning the galvos; yes they can be dirty. To be honest they are dirty on arrival with most machines. A spec of dust can be a disaster as the galvo is only 5x5mm in size. Therefore that 5x5mm area covers the whole part of the big mirror when guiding the laser. Imagine what a spec of dust of 0.5x0.5mm can do… This is equivalent to 10% of your large mirror being dirty.
As for the large mirror; though it might seem clean; shine a bright light on it from different angles. You’ll probably see orange smudges. You want to get rid of those with pec pads and ipa.

I manage to get proper prints all the time. Varying from small prints to prints that cover the whole build platform. All I do is clean my main mirror every 20 prints and clean the galvo once I see rough surfaces on a print. Haven’t had a fail since.

P.s. I’m not very fond of the butterfly clip. It seems to print no matter how dirty the mirrors are or any troubleshooting for that matter.

Also, regarding the red areas; yes this does mean that there is a chance of failure if you don’t support that part, however this isn’t always the case. Sometimes it prints just fine even when it’s red. Once you’ve printed a lot of different prints you’ll know where supports are really needed and where supports will be optional. For the sake of getting a proper print, support the red areas to be sure that isn’t an issue.

Let me know if positioning and using a different resolution helps, but I’m pretty certain the galvo mirrors need cleaning too!