Exposing resin to studio lighting?

I read that normal bulb light can cure the resin. Is this more a long term exposure gradual thing? I need to expose the resin to bulb light to maintain it and clean it etc.

Nearly every single light source emits some UV light (there are a few special UV-free bulbs for people with medical conditions available). The levels from most bulbs are very low, resulting in a very gradual, long term cure. I have left uncured support sitting on my bench for a few weeks under fluorescent light and they are still very much uncured.

You do not need to keep your printer in a dark room or anything. I just wouldn’t recommend leaving an uncovered tray of resin sitting on your desk all day. Slight UV exposure aside, the dust that settles in it wouldn’t be good.

2 Likes

Ah ok that explains why the resin has dried up on the work area. ok thats good. I always try to keep exposure level to a minimum when cleaning the resin . Even when swapping out the build platforms I keep the other in a box covered with dark cloth :smiley:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.