I just got another batch of brass castings from my caster yesterday. Previous batches where either OK or I did not measure them. This batch was all meant to be assembled. Measuring the castings to the drawings I found substantial castable material expansion before the plaster set in the burn out. Really, nothing fits as designed. To me .015 is substantial, but some were more than that.
If this continues it will greatly impact my use of the castable material. I am not pointing any 1 source of this issue, because I don’t know. Must mentioning it.
Here are the castings.
Which is the bottom parts of this:
I am making this in a larger scale and printing everything that is not brass. The photo is wood and white metal, as the original model I measured.