Build chamber issue

We purchased a new Fuse 1+ back in March of this year. When it arrived we got it set up and started printing. We immediately had drooping and warped parts with one new build chamber. We switched to an old build chamber and the problems went away. Since then we have avoided using this build chamber. We’ve gone back and forth with Formlabs support and our sales person since then. Yes, we’ve been given the runaround for 6 months. They finally sent someone out to service it mid July. The tech came out looked at it and really didn’t do anything except swap the new build plate that was on the build chamber we are not using to an old build chamber. He said that our old build chambers had build plates that we wore out. So he put the wore out build plate on our new non-functional build chamber. He said he would try and get an RMA when he got back to the shop. Obviously that didn’t happen. I paid for a service contract and I’m not willing to work on something that is brand new from the factory, am I being unreasonable, I mean it was a $4k part that is now a paper weight? Shouldn’t a brand new part work as intended? Curious to see if other people have had similar experiences. The date is 08/30/24 for the record. In my opinion Formlabs absolutely does not stand behind their products. Legally anyone know if I have any options?

Something similar has happened to another user who posted about his horrible journey with Formlabs and the Fuse. As for legal action, I would say if you’re in the United States and you paid for a service, but did not get what was promised, there is a good chance for going after them legally.

Hi, I’m really sorry to hear you are having a poor experience with your build chamber for the Fuse 1+. My name is Trevor and I lead Customer Support for the Americas for Formlabs.

I am following up with the Head of Field Service and reviewing your case details now. We will get this straightened out for you ASAP. Please contact me directly at trevor.schwartz@formlabs.com, so I can help get this sorted out for you.

1 Like

Update 090524 - We received a RMA for our build chamber last week. The new build chamber arrived today and the old one is packed up and on its way back to formlabs. Hopefully this one is able to execute some successful prints, fingers crossed.

1 Like

I’m glad to hear it arrived. Please keep us posted on how things go. You can reach us any time at support@formlabs.com.