Announcing a new Partnership between Formlabs, WeWork Labs, and Glowforge!

We’re so excited to announce that over the next few weeks we’ll be starting a collaboration to put Formlabs and Glowforge hardware into several WeWork Labs locations around the country, and around the world! The industry is taking notice too.

-WeWork Labs, WeWork’s business arm dedicated to supporting the growth of early-stage startups and corporate innovation, has become a global platform for early-stage founders, providing creators and makers from any industry with the programming, resources, and community they need to bring their ideas to life. Given this pedigree, it seemed like an ideal space for Formlabs to participate in!

-With Formlabs’ Form 2 printer that delivers high-resolution parts, WeWork Labs members will be able to scale their prototyping and production in-house through desktop stereolithography. The Form 2 3D printer has a library of more than 20+ advanced material resins that deliver high quality and beautiful results.

-Glowforge is a Seattle-based startup that created the 3D laser printer. Through its wireless desktop laser cutter, Glowforge makes it simple for designers, artists, and makers to take products directly from digital design to reality using subtractive laser technology to cut and engrave products from hundreds of durable and beautiful materials like wood, leather, acrylic, stone – and even stickers. WeWork Labs members will be given access to the Glowforge Plus 3D laser printer. The Plus offers upgraded components and a powerful laser to print materials at a rapid speed.

As part of our pilot partnership, WeWork Labs will be activating 5 existing Labs spaces with Glowforge and Formlabs products in cities including London, San Francisco, Houston, New York, and Seattle.

If you’re in one of these areas, please stop by and check it out!
NYC: WeWork 148 Lafayette St (WeWork Food Labs)
SF Area: Riverpark Tower, 333 West San Carlos Street, San Jose, CA
Seattle: WeWork 1411 4th Ave, Seattle, WA
London: WeWork 70 Wilson St, London, UK
Houston: WeWork Jones Building, 708 Main Houston, TX

There will be launch events at several of these locations next week! With more being added to this page as they get confirmed. Join us for National Week of Making!

If you’re in the Seattle area, please check out the launch, and a fireside chat with Glowforge CEO, Dan Shapiro this coming Monday(6/24). You can RSVP here.

The Houston location will be holding a lunchtime happy around noon this coming Friday(6/28). Feel free to stop by and check it out!

1 Like

Good Idea I use both my FL2 and Glowforge Together. on projects.
I cant do a lot of flat work with the GF but I integrate 3D elements from the FL2 into the models.

1 Like