3D printer for human prosthetics

We are a newly established company. I am looking for 3D printer to produce prothetics parts,considered as medical devices. Can the community advise on printers, and materials. We have to consider that the throughput will be low at the beginning and will increase later. We might be at prototyping level to start with.

I think FL Tough 1500 for the Form3 or Form3L is certified for contact with human skin, once it’s properly cleaned and post-cured.

If your budget is a bit higher (well, ~5x higher), a Fuse 1 prints Nylon.

1 Like

As I know such printers cost pretty much, about $2k , you can read an article https://43dprint.org/best-3d-printers-under-2000/ some of the printers allow making fine-detailed parts for various machines and even teeth prosthetics. This article says, that you can use these printers for medicine (you can print out custom cast). Good luck with your choice!

Hello @regia ,

Thank you for your interest in our 3D printers, with a specific focus on prosthetics. The answer would mostly lie in what size and scale prosthetics you are interested in making; we have had some users find success on the Form 2 and Form 3 using different resins to print prosthetic hands, and other users have found success with out Fuse 1 printer for smaller prosthetic arms and hands for children. These are just a few of our many success stories, and reaching out to our Medical Team for more information might be the most advisable option to get more information specific to your needs. I wish you all the best!

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.