Upload file Failure

Dear Formlab,
I use form1+ to print high resolution(25 microns) print outs, thus the number of layers is huge.
As shown in my screen-capture, the # of layers is about 4000.

The file upload time takes over 50 mins, and I have several times that I encountered “File upload Failaure.” Then I have to re-upload again. This is really a waste of time and resin.
I have a few suggestions and questions about this “File upload Failure”
1) The printing starts while uploading file, if the file upload fails, I have to clean the build platform and the resin tank. It is both a waste of time and resin. Can we have an option button that “ONLY start print when file upload is complete”???

2) What cause the file upload failure??? I can use the same (.form) file to do the re-upload, the 2nd time will succeed. Is this upload file occur randomly??

Does anyone have the same experience as I do?
Thanks.
Yours,
Cheuk

It takes way more time to upload and start the print at the same time. Have you tried just uploading the file directly to the printer without starting the print?

I know that the memory in the Printer is only a simple SD card 64Gb I think, I wonder if are running out of memory for the laser paths. Perhaps you can try to clone the data from the old one and and then put in a larger memory card…might help but it might not work either not sure anyone has done that.

But if you have not tried just letting all the data upload to the printer first I would start there.

Good luck

Also do you have the error message that pops up? is it on the printer or on the computer?

Dear Thomas,
Would you mind telling me how to upload the file directly to the printer without starting the print? I am looking for this method to reduce risk. I usually just click on the YELLOW butterfly (the upload icon) and then hit the Form1+ button once to have the file upload and print.

You suggest about replacing the internal memory card. Good idea, but does this memory card contain some hidden-files required to run Form1+ properly? I am lack of this knowledge.

The error message is show in Preform, thus on computer. This error is random to me so far.
Thanks.
Yours,
Cheuk

Once you hit the Yellow button as long as there is nothing printing it will automatically upload the file just do not hit the physical button on the printer till the upload has completed.

Dear Thomas,
I though I need to hit the Form1+ button to confirm the upload. How stupid I am, the solution is already there.
Thanks a lot.
Yours,
Cheuk

Hard to see the forest through the trees no worries hopefully that helps

Dear Thomas,
Now I may hope Formlab technical Support see this post and have an answer for the file upload failure. May be it can be fixed in next release of Preform.
Thomas, have you ever had file upload failure problem? Thanks.
Yours,
Cheuk

No I have not the largest file I have sent was about 3300 Layers and it was small cross-sections of so I would not assume a lot of data. All else fails you can put a support ticket into Formlabs

Dear Thomas,
Thanks for your advice.
Yours,
Cheuk

Dear Formlab support
I have tried to use the method that WAIT for the upload file complete and then press the BUTTERFLY button.
I got the following error twice during file upload, the good news is that I don’t waste resin and time to do the clean up as I wait.
The error says “Printer Disconnected. Cancelling…”

I look at my Form1+, the printer scree shows the usual message :“Build Platform? Tank and Resin? Press to Confirm”
Can you give me some advice? Thanks a lot.
Yours,
Cheuk

Dear Formlab Technicians,
I really need help, I have tried and tried again to upload my file. But still, the file upload process is failure. This time, Perform 1.9.0 just simply stops in the middle of uploading? My Task manager shows that Preform has no action as shown below.

I have tried to downgrade to 1.8.2, the file upload still not working.
Then I start to doubt if my obj file is corrupted, so I do the remesh and mesh simplification, and etc. No error is detect in Preform and all other 3D softwares.
After all the trials, it still not working, is it due to my Form1+ broken?
Really need helps. Thanks.
Yours,
Cheuk

Dear All,
The problem is fixed, it is due to my extended USB cable. Please use the original USB cable for successful upload.
Thanks all.
Yours,
Cheuk

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.