The printer (form3) not continue printing after power outage

In the interest of nice clean power, my F3 is on a moderately expensive Eaton dual-conversion UPS (9PX1000iRT2U).

Aside from the much cleaner output power, unlike line interactive units you can stack a whole bunch of battery expansion packs on if you need the runtime. I think up to four, on my model.

The F3 doesn’t actually use a whole lot of power though so you can skimp on the VA rating quite a lot; during the beginning of the print when it’s heating the resin aggressively (probably also the higher exposure for the first couple of layers) it peaks at around 120W, and settles down to around 50W for the remainder of the job. This is printing in black, for all the difference the power of the laser is likely to make to the overall consumption of the machine.

Here’s power consumption and runtime during a print job, as measured from my UPS by SNMP:

Fairly confident of 2+ hours runtime for all but the early stages of the print job, I can live with that just fine. With just one extra battery pack you’d get 5.

2 Likes