Print error code: 41

I think I was the first person on the forums to report incidents of Error 41. Since then Formlabs replaced my Form 2 with a brand new one and it has identical problems straight out of the gate (first print failed with that error).

I did have several successful prints on my first Form 2 before it happened, so I’m wondering if it might be due to a major bug introduced in one of the later firmware versions (and / or a correlated electronics issue).

Since BOTH of my Form 2’s have had this issue, I’m wondering just what percentage of Form 2 early adopters are being affected by this.

I wish Formlabs were more transparent about what “Error 41” actually means. If it helps, one of their support reps told me:

Error 41 is the software fuse for the galvanometers being tripped. This issue can be related to outdated firmware, but since you’re running the most recent version, we’ll need to bring your printer back for recalibration, since this problem will cause most of your prints to fail after a few layers.

Stephen, perhaps you could elaborate a little on what you guys know about this so far.