New hybrid resin mix

Thanks Jesse, Eric and Kevin for the funds! At this rate the resin may be funded by the end of the weekend and I can order it on Monday. I’m putting $50 plus the shipping charge and taxes into the project myself. So we only need $170 more to get it going.

Just sent USD 51,30. Thanks for sharing your results.

Thanks Paulo.

Hi! Sent $20 and a big Thank You for your effort!

Thank you Nicole!

Only $150 left. I’m not gonna wait for full funding and will be ordering the resin today to save some time. $150 is a little more than I want to spend so hopefully we will get more funders. Maybe I should disclose the results to only those who funded the resin? :wink: jk

Funders if you have really interesting jewelry pieces (preferably nothing too big) that you want me to print using the new resin and any new mixes, email them to me. mongerdesigns at live dot com.

another $30 to keep up with Jesse and Paulo

Thanks Kevin! Already ordered the resin and they said it would ship out today via ups ground. Should receive it in 2-3 days.

Hallo there,

I’ve payed the rest.

Greetings from Switzerland

Sacha

1 Like

Wow! Nice one Sacha, great effort everyone! Really excited that we banded together to get this test going, to see if it’s possible to get a direct cast off a Form1 print with the DWS DC500, which will soon be in Monger Design’s hot little hands.

WOW indeed! Thanks Sacha. That put us over the top. If you want to see anything printed with the resin, let me know.

Thx. No Problem. Let’s see the result.

Sacha

Outstanding everyone, how very exciting!

Just wanted to let you guys know that they shipped the resin today, and I should receive it on Thursday. Will try to post some results same day or on Friday. :wink: Casting results will come a few more days after that since my caster is not always available.

I wanted to see if a 1:3 or 1:4 mixture of more cherry resin has been test at 25 microns? I’m not sure if the deeper pigment will help that small of layer height cure better.

Derek, that mixture will cause problems, because the pigment in the cherry red resin is too high.I tried a similar mix, but ended up with failures and jello like semi-cured prints.

If form labs allowed us to control the cure times, then it should be possibe to print at that ratio on 25 microns by increasing the cure times per layer. Then you could even print with just the cherry red resin.

Printing with the DC500 resin right now. In a few hours will post some results. The sticker said to warm up to 30 Celsius and shake well. I put the bottle in some hot water for a few minutes. It appears that the resin is very viscous. Even more so than the form1 resin. Might be the reason for needing a warmup. Hopefully it will not affect the print quality. The resin is crystal clear, but turns opaque when curing/printing.

Exciting : )

Hey guys. The print is finished. I got bad news though. The print finished fine, but the surface quality is poor similar to what was able to get with the b9 resin alone (not the mix). Lots of bumpiness and fuzziness. I printed on the 50 grey setting. I will try on the 25 clear to see if there is a difference.

The resin itself seems very top notch. It’s crystal clear, but cures pure white. So it’s easy to see any uncured particles in the resin and such. Too bad we don’t have control over the Form1’s cure times and settings.

It’s funny how similar the cured result is to the b9 resin. Makes me think that perhaps it’s a very similar formula. (except 7 times the price)

I will post some pictures tomorrow. And will try to mix this resin with the b9 cherry to see if I can get it print better.

Too bad about the resin. I had high hopes for it. But not giving up yet.

Fek! that is a bummer but like you say, it may mean mixing it up with some cherry. Cheers for your efforts.