How to unzip .form files

Hi all,

I am having problems unzipping an archived set of files found in this previous Formlabs discussion: Dimensional inaccuracy

I am after the set of attached files that @ChristopherBarr uploaded to help test the dimensional accuracy. I know that he outlines how to unzip the files, but I can’t seem to get it to work.

I can’t seem to get rid of the .form file format to actually unzip the folder. No matter what I try, the file still shows up as a Preform Job. Every time I open up the file in preform, it says that the scene is corrupted. Does anyone have experience with this, or any suggestions on how to go about accessing the STL files inside the folder?

Thanks a lot,

-Kevin

Works perfectly for me.

If using windows be sure that “Hide extensions for known file types” is unchecked in Folder Options / View.

There may be a similar option for other OSs but someone else will have to confirm.

Once the .form extension is visible simply edit the file name to erase the extension as Mr. Barry details in his post.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.