Are you happy with Customer Support?

I’m on my third Form1+. So far, (knock on wood) it’s been great. Support has been a mixed bag for me, as the second printer’s failures took well over a month to fix, and the fix is my current printer - which incidentally is a Fom1 chassis - not a Form1+, and it had some fairly serious cosmetic damage. Initially I was friggin livid at getting an older chassis, and it was all goobered up and dirty to boot, but the prints were fantastic. And they kept being great. I complained at first about the chassis, but I decided to not look a gift horse in the mouth, if you know what I mean, and I also didn’t want another month of downtime. Everything is great right now - I won’t even update the software out of fear it’ll hork something. I’m on v1.9.1 still.

I’ve always had my doubts about the Form2. Saw one in action in Philadelphia last year, and it just seemed kinda meh, and I definitely did not like the cartridge idea - I knew that was all about vendor-lock-in. The Form1 had a nicer feel and simpler and cleaner design IMHO. The way the top fits on the Form2’s base looks like someone measured wrong. I thought the sealed case was a great improvement, but we’ve seen lately how well that works. I’m sticking with my Form1+. I like it now that I’ve added a resin heater and have created good hybrid resin mixes for my work.

Good luck with your Form2 - I hope it all gets ironed out.