Yellow Magic 7 - now available from Z-Vat Industries

Greetings Good Folk of the Forum,

I’m happy to share that Z-Vat industries is now an authorized distributer of “Yellow Magic 7”, the non-hazardous, non-toxic alternative to isopropyl alcohol. You can purchase it in one-gallon containers on my web store here.

The containers are ready to ship now and I’m pleased to offer the most competitive pricing available online, as well as complimentary priority shipping.

There is tons of good info about it and it’s use on this forums, but in case you’re new to it here’s a great explanation of it’s advantages thanks to forum member “the_lab_partners”-

"Three Quick Points:

1. Yellow Magic is a water-based cleaner used in the print industry specifically for UV-cured ink. It also performs well in an ultrasonic cleaner. It’s non-toxic, biodegradable, and has low VOCs. Being water-based, it’s not a fire hazard like 90+ IPA.

2. Also unlike IPA, it doesn’t act as a solvent; instead it coagulates resin. Since it doesn’t create a solution, a short exposure to sunlight will precipitate the majority of resin, allowing you to reclaim almost all of the Yellow Magic for reuse.

3. Yellow Magic seems to do a good job cleaning both the acrylic tank and the PDMS layer. (Anyone who has inadvertently left a resin tank full of uncured resin around knows how tough the build-up can be to remove.)"

Cheers,
Zak
Z-Vat Industries

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.