Test of Blue-Cast: compatible and castable resin

@RickyMcG - Could you please share the file for the skull ring? I want to make a pen holder out of it.

Chris

You can give a try to BlueCast LS (low shrinkage)

This requirement to immediately cast after printing is not something my workflow can tolerate.

Iā€™ve bought Daylight Castable resin. Hereā€™s my best print with Castable V2 0.025 settings.
I canā€™t get any further print after this point.
Printing with Grey resin settings was even worse.

What can I try next? Can someone advice what to do?

Daylight castable? The one from photocentric3D? Thatā€™s not suitable for the Form2.

Are you sure? I bought this according recommendation that it is suitable.

Interestingā€¦ Daylight resin is formulated to be highly reactive.

They sell a UV castable resin specially designed for the form2:
https://photocentricgroup.com/uv-laser-resin/#CASTABLE

Hey @rclaborne! Did you ever mention how much boric acid to add to the investment? Is there a ratio?

Start with 1.5% of water weight. Increase to 2% if not hard enough.

Does anyone have burnout cycle for Bluecast X10? Is it the same as original?

1 Like

For X10 you can butnout just like Wax, just use the burnout recomended by your investment.
I do even shock burnout with phosfate bonded investment, invest and after 20 minutes just put the flask in preheated oven at 900 deg C , hold for 1 hour and cast. This is for CrCo alloy casting

Hi, 3d_garage
What casting machine do you use to cast this?

I can print bluecast with Form3? I have tried to print with casteble wax resin ā€˜purpleā€™ but I have had a bad experience. Someone knows a solution to this problem?

Hi guys, I own a form 3 and Iā€™m highly disappointed with the casting results. I am looking forward to buy blue cast. Can someone pls help me with how to set up bluecoats with form 3? Is it compatible or not? Which one should I go for x5 or x10?