Real print preview in PreForm

I’m printing micro scale figures (1/350 and 1/700 scale) and I would love to be able to see a preview of the layers but not as it works right now (with high detailed model sliced). I think good example is Cura where after clicking slice it’s possible to view exact layers of the filament. In case of printing high detailed models (especially in 50micron layer) it would be nice to see which details will “get caught” to be printed.

1 Like

Hi @IONMODEL!

The Formlabs team is looking at this request, and we’d love to know a little more about what specifically you’re looking for. In fact, PreForm already offers a layer-by-layer view of your print which demonstrates the details that will “get caught” if printed. If you haven’t seen it, check it out by clicking the bar on the right-hand side of the screen!

It’s important to note that, due to the nature of the SLA printing process, we are unable to show the same level of pathing that Cura and other FDM slicers offer. We’re working with resins and lasers rather than filaments and extruders, so it doesn’t make sense to show the specific “path” in which the resin will be cured. If you have any questions, feel free to respond to this thread and we’d be happy to clarify!