Printing cost spreadsheet

Hello everyone,
I looked up on this forum to find a topic regarding printing cost for us (part manufacturers) and for our costumers who receive our 3d printed parts. Most of them were old topics, and its related attaching files has been deleted.

Most of my costumers are new to SLA 3d printing. They still know that “3d printing” is only the classic FFF parts with ugly marks on the surfaces.
So, for that reason, most of them (especially now ones) ask me why my parts printed with the form 2 cost so much, basing on the fact that FFF prints cost less. Other customers ask me EXACTLY THE OPPOSITE.

Since i bought my own Form2, i based my parts prices only basing on materials usage in mL and from my mind for what concerning post printing operations.

Has someone ever created a spreadsheet for precise cost calculations of 3d parts?
For example basing on:
-material used (and it’s cost)
-print layer resolution
-printing time
-hours of post printing operations

• and… of course … Form 2 Cost?

Thank you all for your support

Andrea

On average based on 50micron layers I charge $1.00 per cm3 + modeling time. Part cost is similar to what is out there on 3d Hubs and maybe a hair more.

Have you compared your prices with other long-standing SLA printing services like the ones provided by 3DSystems ? Or any other more recent 3D printing company with SLA printers ?

If you are a small printing company you need to be either cheaper or offer something else in return otherwise your business doesn’t make sense. If you do either of those thins you can challenge your client do do to one of the bigger companies and try their services, they’ll come back.

Have you compared your prices with other long-standing SLA printing services like the ones provided by 3DSystems ? Or any other more recent 3D printing company with SLA printers ?

Not exactly. On this services you can only see the overall price.
I use to build parts in 0.1 mm resolution or either 25 microns.

That’s why i need a spreadsheet to made a precise cost calculation basi on my parameters (cost).

My question is: have anyone ever made something like that?

Thanks