Printed part skew at an angle or compressed

Hi all fellow Form2 users,

I’m just wondering if anyone has experienced this same issue as me, in which the parts that I printed either skewed at an angle or seems to be compressed. All these files were sent from Preform from my computer, so I’m not sure whether it is my computer issue or the printer, or the file issue. We reprinted our first failed print on the same and another Form2 printer and they came out fine.

On the latest failed print, it seems that the printed part was already skewed at the very beginning of the print.

Latest (3rd) failed print:

2nd failed print (compressed?)

1st failed print (compressed?)

Any suggestions/solutions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Sincerely,
Ernest

Hey there @eajs0815!

Thanks so much for taking the time to post here! I’m sorry to see you’re having some skewing/warping issues with your recent prints.

Can you tell me if you’re noticing these issues regardless of what model is being printed? I know your pictures show 3 separate prints, but in terms of size and structure, they’re relatively similar. Given that, have you printed anything drastically different than these pieces, and do they show the same sorts of problems?

In a similar vein, have you had the chance to try any other materials besides White resin? If so, do those also warp and skew in the same way as these examples? Also can you tell me specifically what your cartridge of White resin says?(Something like FLGPWH02)

Thank you so much for the information! I look forward to your reply.

If you want more timely troubleshooting, I would encourage you to reach out to our support team directly at the link below and we’d be happy to investigate what might be going on a little more quickly than I can manage here. :slight_smile:

https://support.formlabs.com/s/contact-support?language=en_US

Hi @DKirch,

Thank you for your response.

Yes, I have contacted the Support Team and they are currently helping me with it. I posted the issue on the forum just to see whether there are other people that have had the same issue.

I have one more failed print after these three failed prints but I also have a few successful ones. So we are still trying to figure out what was the cause of it.

Unfortunately, we only have the V4 white resins, so we can’t try it out using a different material.

If you have any suggestion or idea that what might be causing it, please do let us know.

Please see below for the latest failed print:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.