Preform user default settings

I have mentioned this before when adding many models that require the same settings each time, it would be hugely helpful to be able to add settings and save them as presets. You can do this on many software products and its a real time saver. I know you have mentioned opening a previously saved model and deleting it and adding the new one, but it’s not very user-friendly! Thanks look forward to a new release with this in…

6 Likes

I second this request! The preferences should also be exportable as a backup file for when something goes wrong.

I’ll also remind Formlabs that they need to populate the save-as dialog box with the STL file name, and the ability to see edges on the models when tweaking support contact points.

1 Like

“it would be hugely helpful to be able to add settings and save them as presets”
yes yes yes

“…the ability to see edges on the models when tweaking support contact points.”
yes yes yes

wim

1 Like

to work around the lack of saved presets, i created a form file with a simple object, set all the paramters to my liking, and saved it as: template.form.
Any furure project, i will start from this template file: delete the dummy object, import the wanted ones, and “save file as” to ehh… save :wink:

Wim

I was going to post the same suggestion, but I found this post had already been made. As a relatively new Form3 owner, I think it would be a very helpful Preform feature to have presets/favorites for our settings.

1 Like

I agree, we really miss this feature .

1 Like

Hi all,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts here! I agree that this would be a useful feature, and I’ve passed this feedback along.

I see this was mentioned 3 years ago, and still have not seen this feature added. I would be a very beneficial feature. Please consider looking into this.

1 Like

Every day I click on the box, I think how nice it would be have presets! can it be that difficult?

1 Like

Hi all,

Thank you for sharing this feedback - we are making sure this feedback is passed along to get more attention on this matter - you are also able to pass this feedback via Help → Give Feedback to the team as well to help this along.