Populate file name box with the STL file name in Preform

Please populate the file name field with the STL file name when saving a FORM model for the first time like every other Windows program on the planet does. It’s annoying to have to manually do this or copy and paste the file name from Windows Explorer, especially if long and/or cryptic file names are used.

6 Likes

I couldn’t agree more !!

2 Likes

Forwarded to our team!

2 Likes

Yes Yes Yes. This feature add is so obvious I assumed it was a bug. But it’s still there…

1 Like

I just installed the latest version of Preform, and it still doesn’t populate the file name box.

Come on Formlabs, if your programmers can dick around with the GUI, they surely can fix this oversight.

I’m still waiting on … Adaptive layer thickness
Use this advanced print mode to selectively vary layer thickness throughout printing, balancing high detail and high speed.
They announced it over 3 months ago and advertise like its a usable feature BUT its still not in preform!!! COME ON FORMLABS!

1 Like

I want the ability to turn on and off visible edges to make manually editing support touch points easier.

Oh, and a program preferences feature would be handy too.

Alright Adaptive layer thickness has arrived!
its in beta testing and I hope they allow the user to selectively vary layer thickness throughout printing, balancing high detail and high speed and not make it automatic like it is in testing now but still… very excited about this feature. love the new interface screens as well. Nice Formlabs!