New Form2 Long-Term Use Tray!

I fully agree, but Ultimaker also shares this business model and suffers very little loss in client base. They have a little longer shelf life on each model, but they are still one of the top rated brands out. It just seems to be the chosen path for many companies at the top of the industry.

Great news! i am definitely trying one!

I just want to say : thanks Formlabs !

I put my order in for a few of these the moment they showed up in the store. For one thing, 20x the lifespan for less than twice the price is pretty hard to argue with.

Also, this line in the blog post got my attention: “We’re also looking forward to exploring future resin formulations with exciting new properties made possible by this new tank.”

So, yeah, hard to understand why anyone would order the old style tanks anymore.

1 Like

i ordered two because i love the wait time.

2 Likes

This is the most exciting part to me… Mostly due to the fact that it’s my company’s printer and it’s been such a great time saver using this machine that 60 bucks every 2l of resin isn’t a big deal (however, checking the health of the tank and quite often changing them + keeping a stock of new tanks handy definitely is a hassle).

No, what excites me is that with some of the current “Engineering” resin being so hard on the tank, one can imagine Formlabs was already limited with the resin formulation and seeing they now recommend the new tanks for the engineering resins only makes me hope to see improved versions soon and eventually new interesting materials.

Experiencing the same thing with my Form Cure order right now :stuck_out_tongue:

What that means is that they are looking at resin formulation that would otherwise eat through a regular tank i no time at all. Forcing you to use the new tank if you want to use the new resin.

Just a matter of time…

If the new tank is also more durable with these hypothetical new resins, it’s no problem at all IMHO.

I’m guessing that the new LT tank will just be ‘the tank’ pretty quickly, since over time it’s 13x cheaper to use and nobody will buy the old one.

I agree, that tank should be “the tank”, and to be sure the price is right, especially if you use it with “the more forgiving” resins.

My only complain is they don’t (yet?) make it for the Form 1+.

Maybe someone (3rd party) can figure out how it’s done and make them for the Form 1+.

They could be adding faster printing resins, since most other resins out there cure much faster but that’s hard on the tray.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.