Movies and FL Printers

Hello,
probably you already know that Formlabs printers debuted on the movie’s scenes, but for who missed that:

Form1 in a scene of “Ant-Man”, 2015

Form1 in a sequence of “Black Mirror” episode “Hated in the Nation”, 2016

Waiting that also Form2 and Form3 / 3L shoot a scene.
Regards,
Mattia

4 Likes

Wasn’t there an iron man movie with a Form 2?

A Form 1 was just in the opening sequence of Red Notice on Netflix. It’s fun, because it’s not just a prop, but showing a plot point and the machine actually printing properly.

I am pretty sure we’ve had some more over the years…

3 Likes

Ah, just dug up my favorite one. :rofl:
This is from Person of Interest, Season 3, Episode 14, 22:55

6 Likes

Hello,
who can recognize the machines that are in the background, at the right side, with a yellow glass? Look like 3D printers, but I can’t understand which models they are.

Thanks and best regards,
Mattia

It’s not Iron Man, it’s from Avengers: Infinity War. The scene lasted barely 1.5 seconds, and it’s blurry, but you can clearly make out a Form 2

3 Likes

Many thanks! So Q (Ben Whishaw) have a second job as dental technician. Maybe the Secret Services don’t pay enough…
Mattia

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Grey’s Anatomy, apparently 2 episodes in a row

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing. Seems Formlabs machines are reciting more and more, great!
Next year I want to see a Form3 slapping a 3D System or DWS machine, live at Oscar party.
Regards,
Mattia

1 Like

A Form 3L in Star Trek Picard S2E5

There is no full frame shot, but in the preceding shot shows the tank and the build platform inside the printer.

3 Likes

Hah! Thanks for sharing this, I’m watching that show and this episode is the next one up.

It was pretty bad haha.

Pulling out a grey V4 print in one go(that missed features) and the doctor immediately picked out a shiny metal card.

Yeah, gimme some of that magic self-cleaning metal resin.

Someone didn’t level their printer… the chassis shakes around like crazy when he opens the cover.

2 Likes

Latest Thor movie! ^^

1 Like

Cool!
Maybe Thor is printing a new Hammer with the new PU Rigid 1000 Resin

1 Like

Form3 acting in the series She-Hulk: Attorney at Law (2022).
FormLabs papers say that post-curing give to the resins the full technical properties, but I think Bruce Banner prefers the “GREEN” resin.

2 Likes

NBS Superstore.
Seasons 1 to 3 I think. you see it in the background.
Looks like a form1 , then form2.

More from Grey’s Anatomy:

S19.E15 ∙ Mama Who Bore Me

Aired on Thu, Apr 13, 2023

Apparently they were printing a part for someone’s spine. My wife spotted and sent me :slight_smile:
Let’s hope they are using the Form 3B

1 Like

Thanks for sharing. Cool!