I had been considering buying some low temperature rubber and experimenting with making moulds directly from prints to allow me to produce waxes for casting, however, I decided to just go ahead and do it with my standard rubber and it's worked out pretty well.
This image shows the model printed in castable resin, the white substance is talc.
Next, a couple of waxes
Finally, the mould
The rubber is Castaldo pre-cut yellow, I used 6 layers when I would normally use 7, however, I wanted to cut down on the vulcanising time. I had this in the machine for 45 minutes. I'm going to do a 7 layer mould next time.
I was a bit quick in opening up the mould and the pattern separated at the top, it was still quite fluid though and I managed to reform it round a ring mandrel before dropping it in water to cool it down
I think it's quite good for a first try, most of the detail seems to have transferred into the wax despite the talc on the pattern. Once I've cast some waxes from it I'll post the results.