LT - tank

LT tank after 3,5 l grey resin

Result? 3 disaster prints

1 Like

Mind showing the prints in questioin ?

LT tanks aren’t perfect but 1/ the straight line have been reported already by other users and they are thought to be caused by the wiper (honestly I don’t see what else could cause them). As per Formlabs these lines do not cause printing issues and while I am also pretty upset about it I must admit I have yet to see an LT tank decreasing significantly in print quality (I don’t test precisely enough / don’t look hard enough to detect small quality changes), even though they do show those lines as well.

The irregularities of the transparent layer in the black parts is also kinda upsetting but so far this has caused no problem for me, as it doesn’t affect the functional area.

From your pictures I see nothing “abnormal” on your tank and I it were one of mine I would continue using it.

I just hope you don’t wipe your hardware with these paper towels, as they often contain silica (sand) or other hard particles to help with cleaning, this might damage your hardware.

I see quite a bit of wrinkles in the tank where the part prints. I wouldn’t use it. If it doesn’t cause catastrophic failures, it will cause print errors/deformations.

small imperfections?

Looks as if you have had a bad print and not filtered the resin. The lines on the tank could have been made by detached cured resin parts being pushed around bt the wiper.

1 Like