Lead times and delivery of Form 2 and resin

Are you serious? I ordered on January 27th and am on week 14 right now. I also have only gotten communications when I contact a sales rep, otherwise have had no communication or offers for compensation. It is especially frustrating because I’m ordering from Canada, and the value of our dollar has increased so much since my order date that I would save over $1000 dollars if I ordered today instead. If I had known things would take this long and lead times would decrease I might have waited.

EU store probably has their own allocation so shipping times would be different than North America

Well, first of all, from Jan 7 to April 29th is 16 weeks, not 11. That is a pretty good indication that as of right now, they are running about 4 weeks behind estimated delivery schedule. No time machine needed.

Well… It just arrived after 9 weeks ( 8 estimated + 1 delay ) and two days shipping.

There’s three possibilities I can imagine as to why some people keep getting theirs faster than others:

1. A difference of available stock between the EU vs. US Stores.
    Maybe they anticipated more to be bought in the EU which didn’t happen so they have more in stock here?
    Maybe they underestimated how much are being bought in the US so they don’t have enough there?
  2. The change to the Resins hitting at the worst time when people are already waiting.
  3. A combination of the above.

shrug

It would be nice to get some kind of update without having to ask.

I am pretty sure - - but not positive - - that the Form2 is manufactured in Hungary. So shipping to EU countries should be much quicker than to North America. Second, I am pretty sure that, for shipments to North America, they wait until they have a shipping container’s worth of machines before they ship by boat to North America. So if someone in the US or Canada ordered a Form2, their Form2 might be completed but it would have to wait until there is a shipping container’s worth of machines to ship out to North America.

1 Like

x3D,
I ordered my machine on 4 March, 8 weeks ago from today, 29 April. I called Sales and they said there was a 0 to 2 week delay on my shipment. So no printer for me to miss a lovely spring with.

I do not think the shipping in Europe faster. I’m waiting in Germany for nine weeks on my machine. My dealer still does not know when they will come.

I just got the ""shipment soon"email for my Jan 29 order.

I ordered in early March. I emailed support and they assured me it would ship on time. I have gotten no communication other than my support request. They seem to really be lacking in customer service. even though they wasted no time in charging my credit card. If they continue to have shipping issues, why do they keep dropping lead times on the store?

Can someone from Formlabs comment on this?

I think the real kick is after the +12 week wait, you receive your Form 2 but it does not have any resin!
You have to wait another 2 week to get the resin that was suppose to come with the printer and the extra resin I ordered who knows when it might arrive - no word on any of the extra resin cartridges.
I think to have a printer this expensive to sit for weeks because you don’t have any resin to use with it is ridiculous!

yep…i feel ya

Patience, Grasshopper. What’s 2 more weeks out of 12.
At least the printer nice to look at. :joy:
I’m jonesing to get mine, but at least I am getting my printing fix from the FDM rig I got last week. That was only an 8 week wait.

Yeah I ordered a great FDM during the waiting time as well. I got the printer in 3 days after ordering.
I learned how to use it, the slicer, the materials, maintenance, even produced products for sale all in less than 1/3 of the wait time for the Form 2.

Though of course you don’t get the same quality

For what it’s worth, my Form 2 arrived today…but it’s not useful yet because none of the resins were delivered with it, as PeterZacarelli noted in his previous comment.

My timeline so far:
22 February 2016 Ordered printer, 2 resin tanks, 2 resins (transparent & tough)

17 May 2016 Received printer, 2 resin tanks, no resins

Lead time was “8 weeks” and the printer arrived 12 weeks after I placed my order. I’ll post again when the order is complete, whenever that might be.

There’s no ETA when the resins might be delivered yet, and the invoice is a little ambiguous about what has been shipped and what hasn’t.

Ordered March 19, 2016, with 8 week expected lead time:

• Form 2 Complete Package with Clear Resin and Finish Kit
  • Tough Resin Cartridge (Form 2)

Received May 17, 2016:

• Form 2 and Finish Kit

Still waiting on:

• Clear Resin Cartridge (Form 2)
  • Tough Resin Cartridge (Form 2)

Emotional Stability:

• questionable

LOL!!!

So basically they are getting the lead time on Printers down but still lagging on the Resin making it a really nice paperweight for the first few weeks. What I want to know is why Formlabs wont respond to any posts about missed lead times on printers or Resin? I would feel more comfortable if there were some official word on the subject.

My printer arrived last Monday (may 9) I got the black resin on Friday (may 13)