Introducing the Form 3+ and Build Platform 2!

[quote=“MattBowen33, post:16, topic:32833”]
Oof :frowning:

These changes look cool! I’ve just purchased (and am still waiting for shipment) a form 3BL. Are the improvements to the LPU “updated stabilization component” something that is implemented in the 3BL shipping now, so that some of these quality improvements will be present there as well? If I understand correctly the 3(B)L uses two of the same LPUs as the Form 3, so it would be nice to have the new and improved LPU tech.

1 Like

“Improved LPU stabilization” actually refers to improvements in the smoothness of the motion of the X stage that result in better surface finish and are Form 3 specific. Form 3L has a different and higher performing X stage since the beginning, so no need to worry about that.

I just got my printer the other day and I noticed that nowhere on the printer it says form 3+ I’m assuming that because it has the + near the sticker that it’s one of the new ones …but should we be worried that they are really early development end of this before even the packaging got changed?

Has anyone used the Buildplate2 on a Form2 with “Mini Rafts”? Does the part break off as the Full Raft does? I almost never use the Full Raft when printing.

Those new build platforms. are like 10 weeks backordered sadly

Why do you even announce the launch of a new part if you don’t have them ready for shipping?

1 Like

So Form 3L will not get the “Plus” upgrade?

1 Like

just got note from Formlabs, Form 3+ upgrade is based on L version

Having a Form 3BL, I should not be seeing this “warning” to purchase a flexible build platform, since one doesn’t exist for this machine.

1 Like

lol - maybe it’s foreshadowing?
maybe they are going to make one…or it’s a bug

That is a bug, sorry about this! This should be fixed as of PreForm 3.23.0, and will only show up on printers that can use Build Platform 2. Thanks for pointing this out.

Received the 3b+ recently for our dental lab. So far awesome prints. Still waiting on my build platform 2. So far, very happy.

Did your ship date get pushed back to Sep for your Build Platform 2 order? It was supposed to be a 10 week lead time, but now seems to be pushed way back.

Yes, I also got the email a few days ago.

What settings did you use in Preform to print that cone with the flat bottom? I’m trying to print directly on the build platform but the flat face has a chamfer going to the body of my part. I cannot for the life of me get it to print the first layer at actual dimension. There is plenty of meat on the face, but it’s removing the chamfer regardless. I’m getting an effect like the cone to the right. It’s not the printers fault either, I can see the path in Preform.

I beta tested the prototype flexible platform and yes it got sticky in there, but it was trivial to clean as mentioned above and I didn’t bother if on the same resin. Not sure why you are so unbelieving in steel’s ability to remain functional. Not sure how many flexes a car’s leaf spring goes through in its lifetime but it’s way more flexes than any print build surface ever goes through. It’s not under a lot of strain to be honest (it’s finger flex force to pop the prints off) just like the flex sheets for my prusa’s PEI sheets (the surface wears out long before the steel). The magnet that holds the sheet in place is remarkably strong so likely would remove any deformation. I would bet the motion system of the printer will wear out long before the steel sheet would (or the printer would be so old you wouldn’t care like people still on the form 1)

Are these Build Platform 2s actually a real product?
I see a 5 month lead time.
Hell I can have a $100K NMR pulse amplifier built quicker that this.
5 months, really?

Yeah does seem kind of ridiculous!

Maybe they are shipped through Shanghai?